Attractions throughout the UK have been working extremely hard to prepare safe and secure environments to welcome families to over Christmas. With that in mind, we are remaining positive that Christmas isn’t cancelled! Therefore, we are continuing to provide ideas for Christmas activities to enjoy as a family and have listed a few of our favourites at the top!
For all attractions that are listed below it is really important to visit them online or telephone them to get all the latest details before planning a visit for when lockdown restrictions ease.
Almost all the attractions must be booked in advance. Numbers are limited to keep everyone safe.
From the author of the well-loved children’s book DEAR ZOO, Rod Campbell, comes ‘Dear Santa’ and it’s LIVE! An ideal introduction to theatre for those aged 2+ and who believe in Santa. To spread the Christmas cheer; every child will receive a gift.
Sure, to be one Christmas present children and parents alike will never forget.More...
The Iris Theatre presents an interactive, online, storytelling adventure for audiences aged 4+ and their families. Using innovative technology, families will participate in the story, helping Holly in her adventure. Alongside the show, families can download a free activity pack filled with fun games and craft ideas based on the show.More...
This winter season, families can expect a warm welcome at London Transport Museum. Come and see some beautiful seasonal posters, head to Santa’s winter wonderland to take part in mini-craft activities and story sessions, plus, explore our winter trail around our historic vehicles. Kids go free!More...
Santa’s Grotto at Oxford Castle! Santa is coming to town! Meet Father Christmas and enjoy some fun festive activities. Our Castle Elves will welcome you to the ‘South Pole’, a socially distanced winter wonderland. Each family will be individually taken to the ‘North Pole’ to meet Santa in his grotto, and not to mention, take some photos with him too! Children will have lots of fun making their own christmas ornaments and writing a letter to Santa. Childrens tickets are £17.95, Adults are £15.95 and Under 2’s are £6.95. There are 3 sessions on the selected dates at 10am, 11.30am and 1.30pm. All adult tickets include a voucher to come back and experience a guided tour of the castle.More...
Christmas at Fishers Farm Park is the most wonderful time of year. With fun, laughter, and all the trimmings. Meet Jeffy the elf in our Magical Christmas Show. The big man himself will take centre stage, then you tiptoe through his winter wonderland, into the most spectacular Toy Store.More...
Give them a moment they’ll remember forever. Splash out without splashing out this season, with Driving Experience offers from Mercedes-Benz World available from just £60. Anyone over 1.5 metres tall can drive. We’ve a wide range of thrilling experiences for everyone with a great day out included for all the family.More...
- Lanterns at Chester Zoo – experience a fabulous illuminated Chester Zoo this Christmas and an enchanting winter wonderland from 13th November until 23rd December 2020. Set off on a Great Christmas Expedition to discover exotic illuminated wildlife and animal characters in eleven different fantastical worlds; each one different, from traditional festive scenes to colourful animal-inspired illuminations. Early booking is strongly recommended at https://www.chesterzoo.org
- Festival of Lanterns and Light in Manchester – Don’t miss this spectacular illuminations event in Manchester this festive season from 20th November until 3rd January 2021. Lightopia will return to Heaton Park showcasing unique installations, with a magical illuminated trail that has been designed to maintain social distancing. Featuring a stand-out Christmas showcase, which uses the Grade I-listed Heaton Hall as its sparkling backdrop. The Astronomy display will illuminate the night sky with its beautiful moon installation, other pieces include robotic controlled pads on the floor, which create light shows when stepped on and an interactive Zodiac Sign installation. Be enthralled with Musical City, Animals and the Woodland Fairytale area, with some new captivating pieces featured in this illuminated wonderland. Early booking is strongly recommended. https://lightopiafestival.com
- East Lancashire Railway Santa Specials – book a favourite day out with the kids and soak up the Christmas spirit on a steam train ride to Rawtenstall through the lovely Lancashire landscape, arrive at the beautifully decorated Bolton Street Bury Station. Travel in style with a private compartment coach, meet Santa and his elves as they provide a gift to every child, receive an activity pack for children and a mince pie and festive tipple for grown-ups. Running from 21st November until 24th December. http://www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk
- Knowsley Safari Enchanted Christmas – make your entertainment magical when you enter the enchanted wonderland for an evening of festive spirit with a range of festive food, magical music and amazing illuminated animals! Add a magical Santa Experience for an extra £10 for a family of up to 6 people and meet Father Christmas from a safe distance. This wonderful enchanted illuminated trail runs from 21st November until 23rd December. https://www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk
- Farmer Christmas Walking Adventure – choose your date to join ’The Farmer Christmas Walking Adventure’ from 28th November until 23rd December. Start your journey within the Animal Barn before checking in to start your Christmas Adventure, you’ll get to walk through Santa’s winter wonderland, see where his elves make all your toys and even where the elves sleep. Keep an eye out for Santa as he may appear inside, or outside; on your journey, you’ll also be able to help Santa by making your very own reindeer food and decorate your own gingerbread man; take a stroll down the wonderful Candy Cane Lane, a magical elf high street with lots going on for the whole family to enjoy! See detailed information on the website and booking early to avoid disappointment. https://www.farmerteds.com
Cumbria & The Lake District
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Santa Express – is one of the favourite things to do at Christmas. Travel from Ravenglass in your allocated seats to Dalegarth station where you will be allocated a table in the café for colouring activities, letter writing activities and be entertained by the magician, Stu-Di-Doo. Trains are running on weekends from Saturday 28th November until 23rd December 2020 and weekdays in Christmas week. https://ravenglass-railway.co.uk
- Illuminated Lightwater Valley Theme Park – will offer families a festive fairground with its twinkling lights and traditional rides, hunt around the park to find Santa’s mischievous missing elves, before taking a journey through the magical Workshop of Wonders. Be dazzled on stage by Santa’s glowing helpers in the Christmas UV puppet show, followed by a special appearance of the main man himself and a small chocolatey surprise for the little ones! As daylight falls the park will become illuminated with even more lights as the enchanting giant characters of Alice in Wonderland come aglow. Book tickets from 21st November until 23rd December. https://www.lightwatervalley.co.uk
- Santa Re-Imagined at North York Moor Railway – meet Santa’s helpers and travel on a heritage steam train in your own private compartment, whilst listening to Jingle Bells FM radio. Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with your family as you travel to Levisham Station and return from 5th to 24th December. On this Christmas adventure you’ll hopefully catch a glimpse of Santa himself too, as he prepares for the biggest night of the year. Tickets from the website at https://www.nymr.co.uk
- Santa’s @ Pit at National Coal Mining Museum -this Christmas, before Santa goes down your chimney, he is going to the mine! Before he sets off back to the North Pole he will be welcoming a few select children to meet him on the surface near the mine shaft. Don’t miss this opportunity for the kids to see Santa this year, book your slot on weekends from 28th November to 24th December 2020. Why not book your Surface Experience at the same time if you want to take the opportunity to visit the museum and the facilities. See the website for times and book your places early to obtain your preferred time and date. Booking is essential. https://www.ncm.org.uk
- At Thornton Hall Farm – experience six magical Christmas areas, an enchanted drive-thru reindeer experience, a visit to see Santa and more, all socially distanced for everyone’s safety on weekends from 28th November until 24th December plus weekdays during Christmas week. Alternatively join the Toddler Adventure from 10th to 18th December where you and your little ones can experience five magical walk-through areas, and enchanted reindeer ride, Christmas characters, Santa visit and more. Early booking is recommended on the website https://www.thorntonhallcountrypark.co.uk
- Father Christmas at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum! – the museum will be getting all Christmassy and Father Christmas and his friendly elves will be welcoming children from on selected dates from 27th November until 23rd December 2020. The socially distanced Santa will be wearing a mask to go with his bushy white beard but keen to jolly up your family Christmas just the same! Santa’s elves will be helping to hand out the gifts and making sure that everyone remains safe. Transported direct from the North Pole, the Santa’s Grotto is large enough to safely accommodate one family group at a time. https://www.eureka.org.uk
- Stockeld Park’s Winter Illuminated Forest – Experience one of the country’s largest and most creative light displays set in the grounds of the historic Stockeld Park Estate. Dazzling light effects, a captivating soundscape and animated installations come together through almost a mile of beautiful, ancient woodland. From 21st November until 3rd January, book early for a visit to see Santa in his rustic wooden cabin grotto that will delight the kids at this special time of year. https://stockeldpark.co.uk
- Yorkshire Wildlife Park – will dazzle visitors with their Winter Illuminations Trail from 20th November until 17th January 2021 when Lightopia will create a fabulous light and lantern trail around the park. Yorkshire Wildlife Park will be transformed into a spectacular after dark wonderland! Experience this brand-new festival of light featuring incredible interactive exhibits, magical lantern displays, glow in the dark trails and a kaleidoscope of colour amongst the magical sculptures, and tunnels of light. https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com
Tyne and Wear
- Gibside Ignites – wrap up warm and take the trail of light, lanterns, fantasy and fire this Christmas time from 11th to 30th December 2020. The eighteenth-century Georgian splendour of the gardens at the Gibside form the perfect setting for this new, after-dark experience. Lit by lanterns, wander between flickering flames and alongside illuminated flora and fantasy, stars and spheres. Gaze at the majestic trees and make discoveries along the route, all set to an inspiring soundscape. Expect the unexpected with fairies dancing in the trees, fiery fish and woodland wildlife sculpted in willow as you stroll beside the Avenue into an enchanting landscape filled with wonder. Tickets and information can be found on the website, early booking is recommended. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/gibside
Bamburgh Castle Father Christmas Experience – the magic of Christmas arrives at Bamburgh Castle when Father Christmas visits from 21st November until 23rd December, you’ll find him in his very special workshop. A visit to see Father Christmas is an additional £14.95 per child on the regular ticket price to the castle (a maximum of 2 adults can accompany the child/children.) Each child will sit with Father Christmas for a personalised magical experience and will receive a special gift. Social distancing will be adhered to at all times to ensure everyone’s safety. Booking is essential on the website. https://www.bamburghcastle.com
East of England
- Magic and Mayhem at Cambridge University Botanic Garden – Dress up warmly for a great day out with a difference this festive season. Some rather mischievous elves have been sprinkling seasonal fun around and you may well discover some rather unexpected surprises! Held from the 14th November to the 23rd December. https://www.botanic.cam.ac.uk/
- Magic of Christmas at Colchester Zoo – Visit this wonderful zoo on selected dates in December for lots of festive fun. Will you spot Santa as you explore? Climb aboard the Christmas Road Train, go on the Merry and Bright Trail and see Santa’s reindeer! There’s lots to see and do this Christmas. Pre-booking is essential. https://www.colchester-zoo.com/
- The Father Christmas Experience at Marsh Farm – Book your tickets early for this fun Christmas experience at Marsh Farm. This year there will be even more magic and surprises to enjoy during your two and a half hour visit, with activities suitable for all the family. Held on selected dates in November and December. https://www.marshfarm.co.uk/
- Luminate Sandringham – Dress up warmly and enjoy an illuminated trail through the Country Park at Sandringham, from the 10th November to the 20th December. All the family can enjoy the mesmerising light displays, set to music while at Her Majesty the Queen’s rural retreat! https://luminate.live/sandringham-estate
- The Norfolk Lights Express at The North Norfolk Railway – Book your tickets early to enjoy a wonderfully illuminated evening train ride through the beautiful Norfolk countryside. Held from November 16th to January 3rd 2021. Each family or bubble will be in their own compartment. https://www.norfolklights-express.co.uk/
- Santa’s Christmas Visits at Bressingham Steam and Gardens – See Santa in his grotto where you will be able to speak with him and receive a present! Then climb aboard the steam train, have fun on the Gallopers and see the Dad’s Army Exhibition festively decorated. Held on selected dates from the 29th November to the 24th December. https://www.bressingham.co.uk/
- Thursford’s Enchanted Journey of Light 2020 – Even though Santa is isolating this year, there is still a world of magic for all the family to enjoy. Indoors and outdoors is filled with fairy-tale characters and amazing lights and sounds! Held on selected dates from the 19th November to the 3rd January 2021. https://www.thursford.com/
- 2020 Santa Specials at the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway Museum – Take your children on a magical train journey in individual compartments from Brockford Station to meet Santa at North Pole Halt. Book your places early for this popular Christmas event held on selected dates in December. https://www.mslr.org.uk/
- Meet Father Christmas at Glemham Hall – Enjoy a wonderfully festive weekend on the 5th and 6th December making Christmas crafts with the jolly elves, going on a Reindeer Hunt in the gardens, and having a special, personalised meeting with Father Christmas! Each child receives a small gift. Book your tickets well in advance. https://www.glemhamhall.co.uk/
- Santa’s Enchanted Grotto in Hereford – Santa is planning to visit Maylord Shopping Centre on selected dates until 24th December. As well as receiving a gift from Santa, children can meet the elf in charge, post their Christmas letters and take part in a mini game show. https://www.enchantedkingdomhereford.co.uk/
- Ludlow Medieval Christmas Fayre Online from Ludlow Castle – Wherever you are over the weekend of 28th-29th November, you can enjoy the Fayre as it moves online for 2020. Look forward to the Tournament of Knights, storytelling, jesters, workshops, demonstrations, a marketplace and more. https://www.ludlowmedievalchristmas.co.uk/
- The Magic of Christmas at Ironbridge – Join in Christmas celebrations at Ironbridge until early January. Skate on the real-ice rink, learn about Christmas in the past as you chat to the residents of Blists Hill Victorian Town and meet Father Christmas. Dates and times vary. See https://www.ironbridge.org.uk/ for further details
- National Forest Adventure Farm’s Christmas Cracker – Two fun-filled live shows, reindeer, gifts from Father Christmas, gingerbread decorating, tractor ride, reindeer, animals and outdoor adventure play! Festive family fun near Burton upon Trent on selected dates from 5th until 24th December. https://www.adventurefarm.co.uk/
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland at the SnowDome – Treat the family to a Christmas adventure in real snow this winter in Tamworth! Wrap up and enjoy Santa’s Christmas Snow Trail, the All New Santa Show and Santa’s Christmas Village complete with animal friends and traditional carousel. https://www.snowdome.co.uk/
- Christmas at Warwick Castle – With an outdoor ice rink, new Christmas Light Trail within the grounds, ‘Stories with Santa’ and a festive market, there is something for all the family at magnificent Warwick Castle this Christmas. Don’t miss the dazzling Christmas tree in the Great Hall! https://www.warwick-castle.com/
- Jack and the Beanstalk Online from the Belgrade Theatre – The Belgrade in Coventry is hosting their first online pantomime. Will lockdown layabout Jack Trott save the day? Stream at home throughout December. In addition, it will be available to watch at the theatre itself during socially distanced screenings. https://www.belgrade.co.uk/
- Luminate Coombe – All ages will be captivated by the spectacular, illuminated trail in the grounds of Coombe Abbey Park near Coventry this Christmas season. As darkness falls, set off along the mile-long trail to discover mesmerising light play set to music. https://www.coombeabbey.com/product/luminate-coombe/
- The Great Present Hunt with Dudley Canal & Tunnel Trust – Follow the story of Red Riding Hood as she tries to retrieve the presents from the Big Bad Wolf. Christmas boats take passengers on a fairytale trip into illuminated tunnels and caverns on selected dates in December. Afterwards, children can visit Santa’s grotto. https://www.dudleycanaltrust.org.uk/
- Santa Safari at the West Midland Safari Park – A wonderfully festive family day out near Kidderminster, combining a self-drive safari with a visit to Santa on selected dates in the run-up to Christmas. Either visit Santa’s Grotto or, for a very special treat, tuck into Breakfast with Santa. Don’t miss the new VR Santa Sleigh Ride! https://www.wmsp.co.uk/
- Winter Wonderland at Conkers – wrap up warm for the silly Elf adventure as you arrive at Waterside Winter Wonderland, where Santa’s Chief Elf and his team will lead you through the Enchanted Forest and the Valley of Christmas Lights to discover Santa’s Woodland Grotto. Twinkle Toes Train will take you through the tunnel of discovery, meet the Balloon Modeller and watch the Christmas shows & films. There’s also the Snow Cave for Storytime, plus story telling Barny Owl and the Singing Reindeer trio along with the Snowman Band. 5th to 24th December. https://www.visitconkers.com
- Light up Christmas at Wollaton Hall – as the park is transformed into an enchanting light spectacle! Experience a trail of discovery through four magical lands, specially designed to fit into the natural landscape of the Hall and Gardens from 27th November until 6th January 2021. Visitors will be delighted with this visually stunning multi-sensory experience of light, fire and sound. Begin your journey in the fairy light-lit entryway where you will meet a host of friends as you make your way to the festive forest to be greeted by the awesome sight of a fiery garden full of beautiful organic sculptures, bursting to life with light and fire. Travel through the light tunnel to a magical realm designed to celebrate the full spectrum of vibrant Christmas colours. Booking essential from the website at https://wollatonhall.org.uk
- Christmas with Santa at Pink Pig Farm – book your tickets to visit the magical woodland Christmas experience from Saturday 5th to Thursday 24th December 2020. Santa is visiting his woodland grotto, so families will get the chance to meet the man himself in the spacious grotto and receive a gift. The naughty elves will ensure all children have a great time this festive season! Stroll through the fairy lit wood searching for naughty elves, decorate your own gingerbread person, adults get a special treat too, make reindeer food to put out for Santa on Christmas Eve, write a letter to Santa, meet Santa, socially distanced and receive a quality present down the chimney! Booking is open now on the website. https://www.pinkpigfarm.co.uk
- Christmas Illuminations at Belton House – plan ahead and book a festive treat for all the family this Christmas season when Belton House gardens will glisten, shimmer and sparkle with an illuminated trail. Wander beneath historic tree canopies drenched in seasonal colour and dripping with shards of light, frosty snowflakes, stars and baubles! The stunning spectacle is open from Friday 27th November until Sunday 3rd January 2021. Walk through a towering Tunnel of Light, the mesmerising voices of the Singing Trees can be heard in the distance. Step into the Laser Garden where dancing lines of light playfully bounce across the branches. Then stroll towards a carpet of glowing flowers and reed-like lights that reach high into the night sky!Take a festive ride on traditional Victorian fairground rides and don’t forget to look out for Father Christmas and his elves! See the website for more information, advance bookings are essential. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/belton-house
- Christmas at West Lodge Farm Park – boost your Christmas cheer for you and your family at the farm park in Northamptonshire. Choose your date from 28th November until 24th December. Collect your Christmas Passport on arrival and let the magic begin! Pop on your magical glasses and walk through twinkly wood, visiting the elves village along the way, enter the Christmas Village where Santa’s Chief Elf will be waiting to greet you. Head to Rudolph’s Reindeer Station to make that perfect bag of reindeer food ready for Christmas Eve. On to Elf School where one of Santa’s Elves will give you a lesson on how to be the perfect Christmas Elf and Elves post office, where you can write your letter to Father Christmas before you see Father Christmas in his magical grotto. Visit the Elves toy shop where your children can choose their Christmas gift with their special Christmas Coin. https://westlodgeruralcentre.co.uk/events/
- Magical Christmas at Wicksteed Park -during December Wicksteed has a pure magical experience lined up for you and the family from Saturday 5th to Tuesday 24th December. Take a magical journey on the Festive Train to meet Mr and Mrs Claus on their reindeer. Meet Santa’s reindeer and make some food for them. Visit Mr & Mrs Claus’s cosy cottage and receive a gift from Santa in the Elves workshop. Booking is essential, check the website for further information and register your interest. All tickets are £15 per person. https://wicksteedpark.org
- Twycross Zoo Christmas Spectacular – Mrs Claus warmly welcomes you to celebrate Christmas in style as she’s joined by her Elves and other special guests in her Gingerbread Kitchen for an immersive dining experience. Join the Ice Queen in her Ice Castle in North Pole Plaza as she casts an icy spell and sings songs of festive cheer for all to hear. Head to the North Pole Plaza where you’ll meet a troupe of cheeky Elves causing trouble! Join Santa for story-time, meet and greets and photo opportunities but be sure to wrap up warm as you never know when the snow may fall in North Pole Plaza. Cheeky Elves are busy in their workshop getting ready for Christmas Eve and need your help to make the reindeer’s food. Book early for dates from 5th to 24th December on the website. https://twycrosszoo.org/events/
- Illuminated Light Trail at Blenheim Palace – Look out for magical highlights such as the Heart of Stars on the lawn, a scented fire garden on the Water Terrace and a glowing fairy fire as night falls at Blenheim this winter. Visitors will spot Father Christmas on the trail, although he will not be able to meet children individually. https://www.blenheimpalace.com/
- Santa’s Grotto at Oxford Castle & Prison – Santa will be visiting Oxford Castle on selected dates until 23rd December. Take the kids along to join the elves for socially distanced activities at the ‘South Pole’ and then make your way to the grotto at the ‘North Pole’. Meet Santa, listen to a Christmas story and receive a personalised festive bag to keep. https://www.oxfordcastleandprison.co.uk/
- Father Christmas at the Watercress Line – Make this Christmas season extra special with a visit to Father Christmas in his festive carriage! Enjoy unlimited rides on the miniature railway and the vintage fairground. There’s even a gift from Father Christmas for good children. Held on selected dates in November and December. https://www.watercressline.co.uk/
- Father Christmas at The Hop Farm Family Park – Father Christmas is back at The Hop Farm on selected dates this December. Meet Santa’s helpers, receive a lovely gift, enjoy storytelling with Mother Christmas, get a free photo of your group, and take part in festive activities. Held from the 5th to the 23rd December. https://thehopfarm.co.uk/
- Experience Christmas at Kent Life Heritage Farm Park – There’s so much so see and do, including meeting Father Christmas in his magical grotto. Each child will get a gift and the opportunity to take part in some delightfully festive activities. Held on selected dates – it is important to book your tickets early. https://kentlife.org.uk/
- Christmas at Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest – Book your tickets for this year’s amazing illuminated trail. See spectacular light installations as you walk under beautiful tree canopies, accompanied by festive music. Will you spot Father Christmas and his elf amongst the trees along your way? Held in November and December on selected dates. https://www.forestryengland.uk/bedgebury
- Glow Wild 2020 at Wakehurst – As it gets dark, families can marvel at the gardens brought to life with glowing lanterns, mesmerising projections, immersive soundscapes and glistening torches of fire! There are also some amazing new light installations to enjoy this year. Held from the 26th November to the 30th December. https://www.kew.org/wakehurst
- Winter’s Tail at Chessington World of Adventures Resort – Book your tickets early for a day of festive fun that is both safe and exciting! The event is held from the 5th December to the 4th January 2021, on selected dates. Say hello to Father Christmas, see the cheeky elves, celebrate with The Gruffalo, admire the animals and enjoy some fun rides. https://www.chessington.com/
- Hampton Court Palace Ice Rink – Open from the 20th November to the 3rd January 2021, this popular outdoor ice rink has the magnificent Hampton Court Palace as its backdrop. This year the rink is bigger than ever, ensuring a safer skating experience for everyone. Book your tickets well in advance. https://www.hrp.org.uk/hampton-court-palace
- Spectacle of Light at Sudeley Castle – A lovely festive evening out. Wrap up and follow the stunning illuminated trail around the castle, gardens and ruins of Sudeley in Winchcombe on selected dates until 30th December. The glistening water features, field of fire, lanterns and light beams will delight all ages. https://sudeleycastle.co.uk/
- Twilight Trains at Perrygrove – Board the Twilight Express for a magical journey through illuminated woods in the Forest of Dean on selected dates from 4th to 23rd December. Passengers will stop off along the way to meet Father Christmas at his snowy station where each child will receive a present. https://www.perrygrove.co.uk/
- Winter Wonderland at Wookey Hole – The whole family will enjoy a day out at Wookey Hole near Wells this Christmas. In addition to all the usual activities, day tickets include a host of seasonal attractions such as Santa in his grotto and, new for 2020, a Christmas Cave Tour and Cave Illuminations comprising 100,000 festive lights. https://www.wookey.co.uk/
- Land of Light at Longleat – Enjoy seven zones of amazing light installations as darkness falls at Longleat near Warminster this winter. The estate will come to life with dancing colour and blankets of synchronised sound and light. Sense the heat of the Summer Storm and the chill of the Love Labyrinth, a shimmering winter maze. https://www.longleat.co.uk/
- Roves Farm Christmas Experience – Help the elves make reindeer food ready for Christmas Eve, meet the animals in the walk-through nativity scene and visit Father Christmas in his grotto on selected dates in the run-up to Christmas. Don’t go home without seeing all the animals and having fun in the outdoor play areas. https://rovesfarm.co.uk/
- Santa at Lappa Valley 2020 – Book your tickets for a fun-filled Christmas at Lappa Valley near Newquay. Enjoy some wonderfully festive experiences such as a steam train ride, visiting Santa in his grotto, receiving a present and other fun activities. Held on selected dates from the 5th to the 24th of December. https://www.lappavalley.co.uk/
- The Eden Project Ice Rink – Get your skates on at this popular ice rink open from the 17th October to the 21st February 2021. Choose from general skating, family fun skating with free use of skating aids, or have some skating lessons. Enjoy more space to yourselves this year than ever before! https://www.edenproject.com/
- Glow 2020 at RHS Garden Rosemoor – Book your tickets early for a magical walk through the beautifully illuminated RHS Garden Rosemoor. Held on selected dates in November and December, you will need to book your tickets early for this wonderfully festive, early evening experience suitable for all the family. https://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/rosemoor
- Ignite: Fire and Fantasy at Kingston Lacy – Set off on this illuminated trail and look out for the fairies in the Fernery, fiery fish and woodland made of willow, lanterns of flickering flames and beautifully illuminated flora! Held on selected dates from the 11th to the 30th December. Festive fun for all the family. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/kingston-lacy
- The Santa Show at Adventure Wonderland – Pre-book your tickets for a fabulously festive show in your family’s very own Reindeer Stable Pod! Watch elves singing and dancing, after which Santa will arrive and there will be something special for each child. Pre-booking is essential for selected dates in December. https://www.adventurewonderland.co.uk/
In support of families, we have broadened our gaze from just looking for local ideas and inspiration for things to do and places to go with your family to also include the latest information based on the latest government guidelines. We are also providing families with ideas and inspirations for things to do at home, in the garden and safely in the wider outdoors. Sign up to our e-newsletter here for all this information delivered safely to your inbox.