It is Mother’s Day this Sunday and there is still time to plan a lovely day and spoil the ‘Best Mum in the World’.
Mother’s stop. This day is about you. Even better, the weather is set to be lovely too. We’ve pulled together some of our favourite activities to make sure YOU have a special day.
Whether your little ones are at the age where they know what the day is and want to do something special for you or if they’re a little too young to quite understand and need a little prompting from you, these activities can be planned by you to get the best for the whole family.
We know you work hard all year round so it’s a little reward, whilst still sacrificing what you might really want to do, for a day in or out in nature that your kids love.
1. Sleep in and enjoy breakfast in bed – Have the gift of sleep! Then, enjoy pancakes and snuggles!
2.Snuggle up and watch a film – When was the last time you chose what film to watch? See our top 10 Family Films List here
3.Gather the family and reminisce over family baby photos – What’s better than looking through countless memories?
4.Have a picnic in the garden – It is set to be lovely weather. Have some fun in the sun with the family and enjoy your favourite food.
5. Go on a family bike ride and explore your local area – Get the whole family up and moving!
6.Let the kids loose in the kitchen. They can make lunch for you! – Have the day off and leave in their capable hands…
7.Take a trip to a local National Trust open space. National Trust open spaces are remaining open free of charge at the moment and are only closing their houses, cafes and shops. See here for more information.
8. Support a local business and order a delicious takeaway dinner – Self-isolate in style with delicious food and booze delivered to your door from a local business
9. Complete a Jigsaw puzzle – complete mums favourite jigsaw puzzle with an image of her choice.
10. Bake a cake together – No celebration is complete without a cake!