- Khan Academy for kids is a popular way to keep children aged 2 to 7 years learning, with free, fun and educational programmes. You will need to provide an email address.
- There’s a vast choice of subjects for children doing Key Stage 1 at school on the BBC site Bitesize. Now you can carry on at home.
- Bitesize also has great subjects here for Key Stage 2
- Twinkl are offering free home learning and school closure packs during the Coronavirus shutdown. Head to the Home Learning Hub for activities, live videos and ideas, which will be updated daily.
- Maths. Hand over the maths teaching to Carol Vorderman! The Maths Factor will be free so that children can continue to learn at home while UK schools are closed.
- English. Challenge the kids to write a story. Radio 2’s short story-writing competition for kids aged 5-13 years may have closed for this year but the 500 Words 2020 Live Lesson offers plenty of inspiration for young authors. See here.
- Science. Visit The Royal Institution’s online science lab packed with science activities for ages 4 to 11 years to do at home. Learn about static electricity, how different parts of our brain deal with different tasks, the hidden colours in ink and much more.
Liked this feature? Drop us a line and let us know what else you’d like to see from us at info email@example.com.
Also, you can many more great family things to do and ideas to help during the lockdown…here
In support of families, we have switched our gaze from looking for local ideas and inspiration for things to do and places to go with your family to ideas and inspirations for things to do at home, in the garden and safely in the wider outdoors. Sign up to our e-newsletter here for all this information delivered safely to your inbox.